The Kas Plateau also known as the “Kas Pathar” which is situated in the Western Ghat Sahyadri range, 22 kilometers from Satara city in Maharashtra state of India. The name Kas originates from Kaasa tree (Elaeocarpus Glandulosus). This plateau is well known for its unique biosphere, high hill plateaus and grasslands. During monsoon season, especially in the month of August, the plateau comes to life, with picturesque view of various types flowers that carpet the floor of the plateau.
is a scenic spot located near the small village of Thoseghar, 20 km from Satara city.
Date: 25th September 2016
Pickup Point :-
Plus Valley Adventure Office, 3 Anand Complex, Alkapuri Society, Opp. Hotel Kinara, Above Bata Showroom, Vanaz Corner, Paud Road, Kothrud Pune 29.
1. A Good Quality of Bag suitable for One day Tour with all inside Luggage packed in a Plastic Bag.
2. Minimum 2 Ltr. Water
3. Plastic Bags to save your Mobile, wallet from Rains & to keep wet cloths.
4. Extra Dress in a plastic Bag
5. Rainproof / Sun Cap / Warm Wear as per Season.
6. Napkin / Towel.
7. Shoes Advisable for safety.
8. Dress Code – Anything which is flexible for Tour.
9. Any type of addictions like tobacco, Liquor, etc is strictly not allowed.
10. Personal Medicines, if any.
1. Reporting time 06.00 am
2. Departure from Pune by 06.30 am.
3. In route Halt for breakfast by 08.15 am.
4. Reach Kas Plateau. Walk of 30 minutes to search the variety of flowers. at 11 a.m. After kas, move towards Hotel for Lunch.
5. Lunch at Local Dhaba / Hotel 12.30 p.m.
6. Move towards Thoseghar Waterfall. 1.45 p.m.
7. Reach Thoseghar Waterfall. Enjoy the Scenic beauty of Thoseghar waterfall. Walk of 10 Minutes required to reach the Point of Thoseghar Waterfall. 2.30p.m.
8. Start return Journey towards Pune. Evening Tea on the way. 4.30 p.m.
9. Evening Tea on the way. 5.30p.m.
10. Return to Pune by 8.30pm
Difficulty Level - Easy.
Activity Fees -
1200 + Service tax( 4.5%) Applied by Govt
what’s included in Fees
1. Transportation by Private Vehicle (Pune to Pune)
2. Tea, Breakfast, Veg. Lunch/pack lunch
3. Experts in adventure activity
4. Safety equipment’s
5. First Aid Kit
what’s NOT included in Fees
1. Cold drinks, mineral water etc.
2. Anything that is not mentioned in included list consider it out of package.