Information About Kokandiva:-
Sahyadri; range of many huge mountains, hills, pinnacles, and forts. One of the best forts in this range is fort Raigad. Raigad is surrounded by many mountains and hence, one does not get an easy view of Raigad. Raigad was the capital Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Considering this, some of the surrounding mountains / hills were then fortified to keep a watch on Raigad. Kokandiva is one such fort. Located towards north of Raigad, this fort was built to keep a watch on the routes near Raigad and Kavlyaghaat.
Date: 13th November 2016.
Pickup Point :-
Plus Valley Adventure Office, 3 Anand Complex, Alkapuri Society, Opp. Hotel Kinara, Above Bata Showroom, Vanaz Corner, Paud Road, Kothrud Pune 29.
Things to Carry -
1. Luggage packed in sack, all luggage wrapped in plastic bags to avoid getting wet (compulsory)
2. Complete spare set of clothes.
3. Water bottle (3 Ltr) compulsory.
4. Personal medication.
5. Good trekking shoes (floaters/sandals/chappals not permitted).
6. Camera -Optional.
1. Reporting time 05.30 am
2. Departure from Pune by 06.00 am.
3. In route Halt for breakfast by 07.30 am.
4. Leave towards Kokandiva Fort by 08.30 am.
5. Reach Ghol Base Village by 9.30 am.
7. Start trek towards Saragad Fort 10.00 am.
8. Reach Kokandiva at 12 p.m.
9. Exploring Fort With Detail Information.
10. Lunch by 13.30-14.00pm
11. Start Descending from Fort 3.30 pm
12. Evening refreshments by 4.30 pm
13. Leave towards Pune by 5.00 pm
14. Return to Pune by 8.00 pm
Difficulty Level - Medium.
Activity Fees -
1200 + Service tax( 4.5%) Applied by Govt
what’s included in Fees
1. Transportation by Private Vehicle (Pune to Pune)
2. Tea, Breakfast, Veg. Lunch/pack lunch
3. Experts in adventure activity
4. Safety equipment’s
5. First Aid Kit
what’s NOT included in Fees
1. Cold drinks, mineral water etc.
2. Anything that is not mentioned in included list consider it out of package.