It's time to make your Boots Dirty
Rudugaira (14,400 ft) also known as Rudragaira, located 9 KM SW of Gangotri in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand, India, is a valley dedicated to Lord Shiva. Dominating the Rudra valley, are peaks of the Gangotri group. This valley is an exciting destination for trekkers and mountaineers, as well as nature lovers and serves as the Base Camp for several treks and expeditions like Gangotri Peaks, Auden’s Col, etc. The Rudugaira peak, perched at an altitude of around 19,000 ft above sea level is noted for its scenic beauty. Dirtboots Adventure is going to organize a trekking and exploration program to Rudugaira Base Camp in September’ 2016. The tentative itinerary of the trek is as follows :-
• 26th Sep - Meet at Rishikesh. Drive to Uttarkashi. Overnight stay at Uttarkashi
• 27th Sep - Drive to Gangotri. Overnight stay at Gangotri
• 28th Sep - Today we leave the crowd behind and head towards Nala Camp. It is a gradual beautiful climb through pine and birch forests, and Nala campsite is the Rudragaira river. We get the first glimpse of the Gangotri III peak from here.
• 29th Sep - Birch forests give way to green meadows. There are steep climbs and rock fall zones and a river crossing on the way to Rudugaira Base Camp site. The camp site offers views of Rudugaira peak, Gangotri I, Gangotri II, Gangotri III, and Jogin I.
• 30th Sep - Acclimatization at the Rudugaira Base Camp
• 1st Oct - Exploration of the surroundings at the Rudugaira Base Camp
• 2nd Oct - Exploration of the surroundings at the Rudugaira Base Camp
• 3rd Oct - Trek back to Nala Camp
• 4th Oct - Nala Camp to Gangotri/ Uttarkashi
• 5th Oct - Gangotri/ Uttarkashi to Rishikesh/ Haridwar
• 6th Oct - Visit Rajaji National Park in the morning. The trip ends post lunch at Rishikesh/ Haridwar
Items To Carry During A Trekking/ Camping Program :-
Listing down the items that one should typically carry during a trekking/ camping program.
This a tentative list and needs to modified according to the duration or gradation of the trek.
While most of the items need to be carried individually, few can be carried as a team.
Cotton Trousers (Jeans is no way recommended)
Woollen Cap or Balaclava
Needles and Thread
UV Protected Sunglass (In case of trekking through snow or glacier)
Torch with spare cells
Notebook & Pen
Sandals or Floaters
50% during the time of booking, the remaining 50% fifteen days prior to the journey. The current mode of payment is cash only
Cancellation Policy :-
Less than 7 days prior to the Date of Travel – 100% of the package cost as cancellation charge
7 – 15 days prior to the Date of Travel – 75% of the package cost as cancellation charge
16 – 30 days prior to the Date of Travel – 50% of the package cost as cancellation charge
More than 30 days – 30% of the package cost as cancellation charge
Pick Up/ Drop from the nearest railway station/ airport/ bus stand
Shared accommodation in tent/ village residency/trekker’s hut/ hotel, etc.
Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner/ Trek Food all through the journey
Trekking Permits/ Permissions
Trek Guide/ Porters (Dirtboots Adventure, under their sole discretion to decide the number of guides/ porters to be appointed during a trek, any additional guide/ porter should call for payment of the same)
English/ Hindi/ Bengali speaking tour leader
Basic Medicinal kit
Air/ Train/ Bus fare
All meals other than those mentioned in the “Cost Includes” section
Sleeping bag/ rucksack/ sleeping mattress rent
Items not mentioned in the “Cost Includes” section
Health and Fitness Requirements :-
Participants must be in good health and in a good physical condition. It is important that participants with medical problems inform us well before departure. They must have prior experience of trekking and camping. If you suffer from severe muscular, chest, heart or bronchial disorders, or if you are a severe asthmatic, or have high blood pressure, you are strongly advised against participating. Our trips generally take place in remote areas where there is little or no access to normal medical services or hospital facilities for serious problems. Medical and evacuation expenses, if required, will be the responsibility of the participant.
Change in Itinerary :-
Dirtboots Adventure reserves the rights to alter a trip itinerary depending on any unforeseen situation that may arise due to poor weather condition, political agitation, etc
Cancelled Programs :-
In the rare case that a program gets cancelled, you will receive a full refund
Cigarette and Alcohol Consumption :-
Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited during an event. Smoking is strongly discouraged
Tour Leaders :-
Our Tour Leaders take their responsibilities seriously and if a Tour Leader believes in his/her judgment that you should not participate in the trip, before your departure, even if you are medically fit, he/she may exclude you from the trip. In this circumstance you will be offered the option of taking another trip considered suitable for you or a full refund. If during a trip the Tour Leader considers you should not participate further he/she may direct you not to continue and you must follow the Tour Leader's instructions. In this case you will not be entitled to any refund.