This event is about taking a tour of some places where Bengali authors of yesteryear created their timeless work on Bengali literature.
Participants will start with Pataldanga which was the area which served as the backdrop of Narayan Gangopadhyays immortal character Tenida. Walking down the Mahatma Gandhi Road, they will come across that famous Boarding house where once upon a time Novelist Saradindu Bandopadhyay and Poet Jibananda Das used to stay. Saradindu is said to have come up with the concept of Ajits Mess staying at this place only. Even Dibakar Banerjee adopted Ajits Mess in his film from this house only. They then walk up to College Street crossing, get up on a tram and then get down near Bina Cinema Hall. Here inside a narrow bylane of Mahatma Gandhi Road is that mess, where Sibram Chakarborty used to stay. The room where Sibram stayed still exists, with a phone number on the wall written by Sibram himself.
Then they walk down the College street and pass by following locations :-
- Sadharan Brahmo Samaj.
- Location of Bharat Sangeet Samaj (1900) writer of Bangsha Parichay
- Gyanendra Nath Kumar published three magazines from this house Prajapati, Majlish and Srirampur.
- House where Upendar Kishore stayed for 10 years after his marriage. Sukumar Roy was born in this house. Presently the house does not exists. Instead there is a shopping mall.
- House of popular childrens writer Kulada Ranjan Roychowdhurys house.
- Upendrakishore Roychowdhurys second house in the locality.
- Location of Bangadarshan Magazines office. Bankim Chandra wrote Aananda Math for this magazine.
- House of Poet Dwijendralal Roy.
- Swami Vivekanandas House and Vivekananda Museuem on Bidhan Sarani.
Breakfast, Tea, Guide Charges
About Let Us Gos Explorer
Amitabha Gupta,a eminent blogger from Kolkata who takes very keen interests about history of Bengals Heritage temples and sights. He has written articles for Nat Geo, Outlook before and regularly writes for many travel based magazines.