After a spectacular and much appreciated IITBHM 2017, we are back with IITBHM 2018.
Fitizen India in association with IIT Bombay is organizing IIT Bombay Half Marathon (IITBHM) on August 26, 2018. IITBHM gives you once in a year opportunity to run inside the IIT Powai campus away from the traffic, noise and pollution that are
characteristics of the most of the regular running routes in Mumbai.
IIT Bombay is a small township in itself. Rich in natural flora and fauna, the campus green cover has been maintained and even increased over the years. An island of green in between Mumbai’s concrete jungle, the campus at Powai is spread across 550 acres, nestles among hills and is flanked by the Powai and Vihar lakes. It is special both in terms of its physical beauty and location — a place where you can be away from the busy world, yet still be a part of it.
Here are few highlights of the IIT Bombay Half Marathon (IITBHM) 2018:
- Family 5km run - A great and fun way for the parents to run along with their children. Even individual runners can participate in this event. Timing chip for 5 km run is optional and would have to be selected at the time of registration.
- 5 km Timed run, electronic chip will be provided
- 10km/21km runs – These are timed runs and the electronic timing chip will be provided
Age categories and trophies
- 5 km run categories: Girls & Boys 8 to 14 years; Women & Men 15 to 45 years; Women & Men 45 years+. Top 3 runners (only runners who opt for timing chip) in each of the categories win Trophies.
- 10 km run categories: Women & Men 14 to 30 years; Women & Men 31 to 45 years; Women & Men 45 years +. Top 3 runners in each of the categories win Trophies.
- 21 km run categories: Women & Men 18 to 30 years; Women & Men 31 to 45 years; Women & Men 45 years +. Top 3 runners in each of the categories win Trophies.
Race support and nutrition
- The venue and the race route will have ample water & nutrition stations.
- All runners will be provided breakfast post the run. Please retain your bib as a proof of participation in the run. Breakfast will be provided only runners with valid bibs.
- Ambulance and medical support would be provided during the run.
- Time limit for 5 km-60 Minutes, 10 km – 100 Minutes; 21 km – 200 Minutes. All support stations, volunteers and timing mats will be removed post this time cutoff.
Race affiliation and timing eligibility for other marathons
- The event is organized under the aegis of Mumbai Suburban District Athletics Association.
- This event is a qualifier for all leading running events across India.
- Electronic timing chip will be given to all participants in 5km(participants opting for timed run), 10km and 21km distance categories.