Rules and Regulations
• The preliminary round matches will be for 21 points and a single set game with a knock out rule
• Semi-Final and Final will be best of 3 games with 21 points for each set
• Kindly be present at the venue 15 minutes before the commencement of the event. No-shows post 5
minutes into the allotted slot will be treated as a walk-over.
• Each game will start with a toss to determine which player will serve first and which side of the court the
opponent would like to start from
• Each game is umpired by a referee who overlooks the game. There are also line judges who monitor if the
shuttle lands in or outside the court line. Organizers and Referees decision will be Final.
• The game has only two rest periods coming in the form of a 2 mins rest after the first game and second game
in the best of 3 scenarios for Semi-Finals and Finals.
• In case of deuce, the difference of 2-point rule will be followed, the golden point being 30 for 21
• Playing members need to wear Badminton Non- Marking Shoes
• All participant should bring their own rackets
• At no time during the game should the player touch the net with his racket or body
• BAI rules to be followed
• Govt ID is mandatory for all participants.
• There will be 3 events.
Men’s Single and Men’s Double (>35 age group)
Men’s Doubles (< 35+ age group)
• People can nominate for multiple formats.
• There will be no registration on spot.
• Fixtures will be prepared and shared to participants with the date and time of the match.
• Yonex Mavis 350 shuttles to be used for the tournament.
• Minimum of 20 entries are required in each event to conduct the event (irrespective of any event eg: If 20
entries in Men’s single and not 20 entries in Men’s doubles then event will be conducted for Men’s single
but not for Men’s doubles. If it is not min entries refund will be proceeded to all the participants who have
• Fixtures will be sent by email to all the participants a day before the tournament.
Note: State ranking Players from Rank 1 to Rank 50 are not allowed