The most beautiful of all Himalayan flowers, the blue Primula can be seen blooming in thousands in the valley. The best time to see the Valley Of Flowers in full bloom is from mid-July to mid-August. To reach the valley one has to trek from Govind Ghat, on the route to Hemkund Sahib, up to Ghangaria, 12 km ahead. Few furlongs ahead of Ghangaria the trek route to the valley takes a detour towards left. The valley is about 5 km from Ghangaria. The high altitude serine lake, known as Hemkund (4329 mts.) lies in heavenly environs. A steep trek from Ghangharia leads one to this spot in about four to six hours.
It is an important pilgrimage for both Hindus and Sikhs, as well as for people from other faiths. There is a Sikh Gurudwara and a Lakshman temple built on the bank of the lake. Encircled by seven snow-clad peaks and their associated glaciers, it reflects its surroundings enchantingly on its crystal clear serene waters. The glaciers from Hathi Parvat and Saptrishi peaks feed the lake and a small stream called Himganga flows out of this lake. As alluded to, in the holy Granth Sahib, Guru Govind Singh, the tenth Guru of the Sikh faith had meditated on the bank of this lake in one of his earlier births. It is widely believed among Sikhs that Guru Govind Singh introduced the features now universally associated with Sikhism.
Day 1:- Haridwar – Joshimath 235km
Day 2:- Joshimath – GovindGhat – Ghangaria Trek 22km
Day 3:- Ghangaria – Hemkund – Ghangaria 7km
Day 4:- Ghangaria – Valley of Flower – Ghangaria
Day 5:- Ghangaia – GovindGhat – Badrinath- Joshimath
Day 6:- Joshimath- Haridwar
1. Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
2. Pay heed to the trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
3. Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
4. Avoid trekking during the nights.
5. Before undertaking the trek, consult a physician.
6. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
7. The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
Includes & Excludes:-
1. Accommodation. (Guesthouse, Homestay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.)
3. Trek equipment.
5. First aid medical kits
6. Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
7. Transport from Haridwar to Joshimath and return.
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head Price Includes.
Things to carry:-
1. Warm shirt/ light microfleece pullover/ full sleeve T-shirt
2. Water resistant trekking pants (Dri-fit)
3. Windproof/ water resistant jacket, down jacket with min 600 fill power rating
4. Thick Fleece/ Full-sleeve sweater
5. Thermal inner wear
6. Woolen cap, Inner fleece gloves, outer waterproof gloves
7. Thick dry-fit woolen socks and regular socks
8. Scarf/ muffler / multifunctional headwear (optional)
9. Comfortable waterproof Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a thick sole, Camp shoes
11. Ice Grips / Winter Trax / Crampons
12. Raincoat/ Poncho
13. Small lightweight towel
14. Insulated water bottle and hydration pack (optional)
15. Cap/ floppy, Sunglasses
16. Sturdy walking stick/ trekking pole
17. Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm
18. Torch/ Flashlight (with extra batteries)
19. Personal medication
20. Personal toiletries