Katraj To Sinhagad Night Trek or as we call it “K2S” is a popular night trek for professional trekkers, amateurs and newbie’s. The route starts from the Katraj Tunnel Top (New), travels through a series of mountains and hills (more than 13) and approximately (16kms.) which leads to the destination near the Top of Sinhagad Fort . It is definitely a trek which will test your physical fitness, stamina and endurance. The trek ends at Sinhagad road-head.
Things to Carry
Water is not available anywhere in this route, due to exhaustive nature of this route; make sure to carry at least 3 liters of water per person (Compulsory)
– Shoes must be in really good condition, since the land is slippery (Compulsory)
-Carry your own Food/Dinner (Either Tiffin/packed dinner) (Compulsory)
– Carry jacket, protects when u stop for a rest facing chilling winds. (Compulsory)
– Head/Hand Torch with Spare battery set. (Compulsory)
– Camera (Optional)
– Walking stick (Optional)
– Luggage packed in good day pack (preferably 22-30 liter backpack), all luggage wrapped in plastic bags to avoid getting wet (compulsory)
– Complete spare set of clothes.
– Personal medication. (If any)
-Keep your backpack weight minimum. (Remember you have to carry things on your own.)