Katraj to Sinhagad or as we call it “K2S” is a popular night trek for professional trekkers, amateurs and newbie’s. The route starts from the Katraj Tunnel Top (Old), travels through a series of mountains and hills (more than 15) and approximately (16kms.) which leads to the destination the Top of Sinhagad Fort. It is definitely a trek which will test your physical fitness, stamina and endurance. The trek ends at Sinhagad.
Details:- Height of Sinhagad:-
- Base Village:- Katraj
District & Region:- Pune
Route from Pune:- Pune – Katraj - Sinhagad
Distance from Pune:- 30Km.
Katraj Ghat: The Route which connects Pune to the South Maharashtra. Both, Katraj Tunnel and Sinhagad are connected by a single mountain range. This connecting mountain range gives fascinating view of slopes and valleys surrounded by Pune and the amazing view of Pune city. All these things make one test the stamina, patience and endurance. Which makes the trek, a perfect one to start off the trekking, and for this reason the Trek has become one of the favorites amongst the Trekkers
Sinhagad: Sinhagad is a fortress located roughly 30 kilometers southwest of the city of Pune, India. Previously called Kondhana, the fort has been the site of many important battles, most notably the battle of Sinhagad in 1670. It was also strategically located at the centre of a string of other forts such as Rajgad, Purandar and Torna. Perched on an isolated cliff of the Bhuleswar range of the Sahyadri Mountains, it is situated on a hill rising 1312 meters above sea level. Given natural protection by its very steep slopes, the walls and bastions were constructed at only key places; it has two gates – the Kalyan Darwaja in the south-east and the Pune Darwaja in the north-east.
Assembly time 07.45 PM at Plus Valley Adventure Office.
2. Departure towards Katraj by Public Transport by 08.15 PM.
3. Reach the Katraj Tunnel by 09.00 PM
5. Start the Trek by 09.30 PM
6. In-route Food (By own) by midnight.
7. Reach Sinhgad by Early morning around 05.00 AM
8. Leave towards Pune by 06.00 AM
1. Pay heed to the trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
2. Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
3. Avoid trekking during the nights.
4. Before undertaking the trek, consult a physician.
5. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
6. The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
Pick up Point:-
Plus Valley Adventure Office, 3, Anand Complex, Alkapuri Society, Opp. Hotel
Kinara, Above Bata Showroom, Vanaz Corner, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune- 411029.
Meeting Time:- 07.45 p.m.
Members from Mumbai can join the event from Pune.
1. Travel by Private/Public Transport from Plus Valley Adventure Office to Katraj and Base village Sinhgad by Private Vehicle from Road head and back to Swargate/
Kothrud Stand by public transport.
2. Morning Breakfast and Tea (Limited).
3. Expertise charges.
4. First Aid Kit.
1. Night Dinner/Food
2. Mineral Water/Cold Drinks
3. Anything that is not mentioned in included list