Harishchandragad is a beautiful hill fort in the Ahmednagar region and a very popular trekking destination in the Western Ghats. Situated at a distance of approximately 90km from Kalyan, Harischandragad trek is one of the most challenging treks in the Western Ghats. The main attraction here is the KONKAN KADA which offers a spectacular view of Konkan. During the rainy season, you’d be walking in the clouds on this fort.
From Pune to Khireshwar:
Head towards ALEPHATA on NH 50 (Nasikh highway) which is approx 96 km from Pune. From ALEPHATA turn left to reach a small town named OTUR. From OTUR reach the village KHIRESHWAR which is the base village. THE ROAD FROM OTUR TO KHIRESHWAR IS ALONG THE WATERS OF PIMPALGAON JOGA DAM, here you will have an amazing view of natural beauty.
- Departure from Pune at 6.00 a.m.
- Breakfast in route
- Arrival at Khireshwar by 10.30a.m.
- Start climbing fort by 11a.m.
- Have Pack Lunch in route.
- Reach top by 4p.m.
- Evening Tea.
- Free Time.
- Halt in Ganesh Caves.
- Get up in the morning & have Breakfast.
- Visit Konkan Kada.
- Have Brunch.
- Start descending by 10.30am.
- Return to base by 2.30pm.
- Lunch at Base.
- Start return journey by 4.30pm.
- Back to Pune by 9pm.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Pune to Pune Private transport
- Dinner on day 1
- Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea on Day 1 & 2
- Safety Equipment’s
- Cold Drinks, Mineral Water, etc.
- Private orders of Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner on Saturday & Sunday night, etc.
- Personal expenditure of any kind.
- Insurance Coverage.
- Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
- Any other charges not specifically mentioned in “Fee Includes”.
Things to Carry:
- Identity Proof (Compulsory)
- A Rucksack to carry your luggage (NO Sling Bags, Side bags, Suitcases, trolley bags, Shabnam Bags etc.) all luggage packed in plastic bag.
Torch with Extra pair of Batteries (compulsory)
- 3 liters of Water (compulsory)
- Full sleeves clothes (compulsory)
- Sleeping Bag & Sleeping Mat /Carry Mat (compulsory)
- Trekking shoes with good grip (Strictly No – sandals, chappals, floaters)
- One extra pair of clothes (Optional)
- Any personal medicine (As per your doctor’s Suggestion)
- Camera, Binocular, Goggle, Sunscreen, Winter Jacket (Optional)
- Pay heed to the trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- Avoid trekking during the nights.
- Before undertaking the trek, consult a physician.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.