Sandhan Valley Trek is one of the greatest canyons in the Sahyadri mountain ranges. It is a very good combination of a canyon and a valley. The water carved valley is 200 ft deep and about 1.5 km long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded with mighty Alang, Madan and Kulang (Known as AMK- rated as the toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba & Kalsubai 5400 ft. the highest peak in Maharashtra mountain ranges. At some places, its width is less than 3 ft and at some places, sun rays unable to reach the ground. Which gives it the name: valley of shadows.
The Sandhan valley trek incorporates a rappelling experience and freehold rock climbing and descending. Technical support of experienced trekkers and all safety mountaineering equipment will be used for the event to ensure safety.
- Reporting at Plus Valley Adventure office 11.00 p.m.
- Leave towards Sandhan Valley. 11.30 p.m.
- Reach Base Village
- Take A Rest till 7:30 am
- Have a Breakfast
- Start Trekking towards Sandhan Valley
- have a lunch Packed Lunch in between Sandhan Valley trek @1:30 pm
- complete rockpatches with rappelling and descend around 4:00 pm
- Reach Base camp 4:30 pm
- Evening snacks 5:00 pm
- Site seeing (water pond, pinnacle point etc.)
- 9:00 p.m. Dinner time.
- 10.30 p.m. Sleeping in Tents
- Wake up @7:30 am
- Breakfast 8:00 am
- Start trek towards base village @ 9:00 am
- Reach base village @01:00 p.m and have Lunch (Not Include In Fees)
- Departure to Pune @ 2.00 p.m.
- Reach Pune @ 8:30 pm.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Pune to Pune Travel by Private Vehicle
- Saturday Breakfast-Lunch-Evening Refreshment-Tea-Dinner
- Sunday Breakfast
- Expertise, safety equipment’s
- First aid kit
- Cold Drinks, Mineral Water, etc.
- Private orders of any food.
- Personal expenditure of any kind.
- Insurance Coverage.
- Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
- Any other charges not specifically mentioned in “Fee Includes”.
Things to Carry
- Identity Proof (Compulsory)
- A Rucksack to carry your luggage (NO Sling Bags, Side bags, Suitcases, trolley bags, Shabnam Bags etc.) all luggage packed in a plastic bag.
Torch with Extra pair of Batteries (compulsory)
- 3 liters of Water (compulsory)
- Full sleeves clothes (compulsory)
- Sleeping Bag & Sleeping Mat /Carry Mat (compulsory)
- Trekking shoes with good grip (Strictly No – sandals, chappals, floaters)
- One extra pair of clothes (Optional)
- Any personal medicine (As per your doctor’s Suggestion)
- Camera, Binocular, Goggle, Sunscreen, Winter Jacket (Optional)
- Pay heed to the trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- Avoid trekking during the nights.
- Before undertaking the trek, consult a physician.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.