The Chadar Trek or the Zanskar Gorge is a winter trail in the Zanskar region of Ladakh, in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Traditionally the only means of travel in the area during the harsh winter months, the trail has become popular with international adventure tourists.Itinerary:-Day 1:- Fly to Leh 3500mDay 2:- Drive to Tilad Do via ChillingDay 3:- Tilad Do to GyalpoDay 4:- Gyalpo camp tRead more +
The Chadar Trek or the Zanskar Gorge is a winter trail in the Zanskar region of Ladakh, in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Traditionally the only means of travel in the area during the harsh winter months, the trail has become popular with international adventure tourists.
Day 1:- Fly to Leh 3500m
Day 2:- Drive to Tilad Do via Chilling
Day 3:- Tilad Do to Gyalpo
Day 4:- Gyalpo camp to Tibb Cave
Day 5:- Tibb cave to Naerak camp
Day 6:- Naerak to Tibb Cave.
Day 7:- Tibb Cave to Gyalpo.
Day 8:- Gyalpo to Tilad Do and drive to Leh.
Day 9:- Return from Leh.
Inclusion & Exclusion:-
1. Airport picks up and drops for the international terminal.
2. Domestic airport transfers.
3. Accommodation in Kathmandu (2 nights).
4. Accommodation during the trekking period (12 nights).
5. Domestic return flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu).
6. All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS).
7. Certified guide.
8. Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
9. Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation.
10. Medical kit (carried by your trek leader).
11. All government and local taxes.
Please Note: For single trekker, we provide porter cum guide.
1. Travel expenses to reach and return from Kathmandu.
2. Food and drinking water throughout the trip.
3. Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates Etc.
4. Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, flight cancellation, health or any other reason.
5. Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery 6. recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.).
7. Health Insurance, Personal Insurance, and other travel insurance.
8. Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
9. Nepalese visa fee.
10. Tips for guide(s), porter(s).
1) Warm shirt/ light micro fleece pullover/ full sleeve T-shirt
2) Water resistant trekking pants (Dri-fit)
3) Windproof/ water resistant jacket, down jacket with min 600 fill power rating
4) Thick Fleece/ Full-sleeve sweater
5) Thermal inner wear
6) Woolen cap, Inner fleece gloves, outer water proof gloves
7) Thick dry-fit woolen socks and regular socks
8) Scarf/ muffler / multifunctional headwear (optional)
9) Comfortable waterproof Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a thick sole, Camp shoes
11) Ice Grips / Winter Trax / Crampons
12) Raincoat/ Poncho
13) Small light weight towel
14) Insulated water bottle and hydration pack (optional)
15) Cap/ floppy, Sun glasses
16) Sturdy walking stick/ trekking pole
17) Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm
18) Torch/ Flashlight (with extra batteries)
19) Personal medication
20) Personal toiletries.