There is a small temple and large cave at the base and a chimney like tunnel to the top of the fort.
A very good option for one day trek near Mumbai Kothaligad (also called Kotligad or Kothligad) is a small Fort (3100 ft) is situated to the east of Karjat near Karjat-Murbad Road. It is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area around Mumbai, because of its small height and easy climbing. It is also known as the Fort of Peth because of its vicinity to Peth village at its base.
MAX ALTITUDE : 3100 ft
APPROX TREKING DISTANCE: 5 Km
START POINT: Peth
END POINT: Peth
1. Reporting time 05.30 am
2. Departure from Pune by 06.00 am.
3. In route Halt for breakfast by 08.00 am.
4. Leave towards Kothaligad Fort 8.30a.m.
5. Reach Kothaligad Base 10.00 a.m.
7. Start trek towards Kothaligad Fort 10.15 am.
8. Reach Kothaligad 12.00 a.m.
9. Exploring Fort With Detail Information.
10. Lunch by 1.30-2.00 pm
11. Start Descending from Fort 3.30 pm
12. Evening refreshments by 4.30 pm
13. Leave towards Pune by 5.00 pm
14 Return to Pune by 8.30pm
27th August 2017
1500/- + 9% Service Tax
1. Transportation by Private Vehicle (Pune to Pune)
2. Tea, Breakfast, Veg. Lunch/pack lunch
3. Experts in adventure activity
4. Safety equipment’s
5. First Aid Kit
1. Cold Drinks, Mineral Water, etc.
2. Private orders of Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner on Saturday &
3. Sunday night, etc.
4. Personal expenditure of any kind.
5. Insurance Coverage.
6. Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
7. Any other charges not specifically mentioned in “Fee Includes”
Things To Carry:-
1. Identity Proof (Compulsory)
2. A Rucksack to carry your luggage (NO Sling Bags, Side bags, Suitcases, trolley bags, Shabnam Bags etc.) all luggage packed in plastic bag.
3. 3 liters of Water (compulsory)
4. Preferably full sleeves clothes.
5. Trekking shoes with good grip (Strictly No – sandals, chappals, floaters)
6. One extra pair of clothes & socks.
7. Any personal medicine (As per your doctor’s Suggestion)
8. Camera, Binocular (Optional)
9. Torch with Extra pair of Batteries.
We are offering gear, assistance and a lot of free heartfelt expert advice to tackle your forthcoming Adventure.
1. Pay heed to the trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
2. Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
3. Avoid trekking during the nights.
4. Before undertaking the trek, consult a physician.
5. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
6. The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.