A good laugh and a long run are the two best cures for anything”
NTR Memorial Trust, a certified Thalassemia Care center is organizing Thalassemia run in three categories - 10K,5K,2K on 5th April 2020 at Gachibowli Stadium to create awareness among the masses about the rare genetically inherited blood disorder.
Today it is even more important to encourage everyone – adults, parents, and students to participate in the Run for the good health to promote heart health and to live long and healthy lives.
Venue: Gachibowli Stadium
Date: 4th April 2020
Time: 11 AM to 7 PM
Race Information & Procedures
Disclaimer: All race information is subject to change.
RULES OF RACE
• All participants must follow the instructions of event officials.
• For participants’ safety, no strollers (including running strollers), or animals are permitted.
• NTR Trust reserves the right to change the details of the event, including delaying, canceling, or suspending the race due to inclement weather or other potential safety risks. Participants must retire at once from the race if ordered to do so by event officials, medical staff, or any governmental authority, including firefighters and police officers.
• Sportsmanship: Any participant who conducts themselves in an unsportsmanlike manner or who is offensive in action or language to event officials, other participants, volunteers, or spectators may be disqualified. PARTICIPANT ENTRY & RACE NUMBER
• Event Application: All participants must provide accurate information, including age, gender, and emergency contact information when filling out the event application
• Race Number: Your official participant race number (bib) must be fully visible at all times and worn on the front of your torso. The timing Chip (B-Tag) is attached to the back of your race number; in order to ensure an accurate time, please do not fold or wrinkle the race number or cover it with a jacket, runner belt, water bottle, or any other item. Participants who run the race without their number properly attached and displayed risk not having their finish time and split times recorded, not being listed in the results, for finishing the race. If your race number is lost on the course, please report it to an event official after the race. Only after verifying that your time was recorded at the start and that you completed the race finisher medal will be provided.
• No Transfer Permitted: Race numbers are non-transferable; you cannot give or sell your number or tag to another person or participate with an unofficial race number or tag. A participant who does not wear his or her assigned race number and tag, or who is found to have transferred, bought, or sold entry into Thalassemia Run or otherwise permitted any other individual to wear his or her race number, will be disqualified and suspended from subsequent annual Thalassemia Run event.
• No Refunds: Entry fees are non-refundable and may not be deferred or transferred.
Race Procedures THE START
Race Start: The race will be started by an announcement by MC otherwise noted. All participants must be behind the starting line at the start of the race and must follow the instructions of the race starter.
Official Times: Your official (net) finish time is recorded by the timing system from when you cross the starting line to when you cross the finish line. This time determines the order of finish and age-group. Start timing mats will be removed 10 minutes after the start of the race unless the size of the field warrants keeping the start open longer. After the start has closed, net times will not be recorded and times will be calculated from the time of the start horn. If a runner starts after the timing mats have been removed, no start time will be added.
THE COURSE Course Marking: Participants must stay within course boundaries, as designated by barriers, traffic cones, delineation, and/or other markings, at all times; must recognize and understand event signage and symbols relating to the course, directions, and facilities; and must follow the instructions of course marshals. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
Course Monitoring: If you have not completed the entire course, do not cross the finish line or you will risk disqualification. Participants with missing or irregular split times at official timing checkpoints will be reviewed and may be disqualified. If you must leave the course, rejoin it only at the point at which you exited. No participant, after leaving the course, will be allowed to re-join the race either for the purpose of gaining a place or to pace or assist another competitor.
Assistance: Unofficial pacers or other unregistered participants are not permitted. (This does not apply to officially designated pacers.) A participant who receives assistance during an event from anyone other than official medical personnel may be disqualified.
Bandits: No individual who is not officially registered may join the event or accompany any participant in the event. Any person without an official race will be directed to leave the course immediately.
Time Limit: In the interest of safety, and to allow streets drives to reopen as scheduled, race courses will remain open to all participants for the specified time. Those participants who are not able to finish the race must be aware that fluid stations and other course amenities may not be available, and participants in races staged on streets may be asked to move to the sidewalks. Late participants will be able to cross the finish line, but they are not guaranteed to be timed and recorded as official finishers.